Dow Corning Corporation - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review - Dow Corning Corporation (Dow Corning) is a chemical manufacturing company. It operates as a joint venture between The Dow Chemical Company and Corning Incorporated. The company specializes in development and marketing of wide range of silicon-based products. The products cater to a range of industries such as aerospace, automotive, electronics, energy, fashion and clothing, health care and textiles. Dow Corning operates manufacturing facilities in the US, Belgium, Brazil, China, France, Germany, Japan, South Korea and the UK. Geographically, the company operates across Americas, Europe, and Asia. Dow Corning is headquartered in Midland, Michigan, the US.
The company focuses on expanding its product offerings. Recently, the company launched lubricating solution known as Molykote G-1502FM Synthetic Bearing and Gear Grease, low-viscosity products known as XIAMETER RBL-9200 Liquid Silicone Rubber and other new products such as silicone fluids, emulsions, resins and coatings.
Dow Corning Corporation Key Recent Developments
Jun 18, 2012: Dow Corning Kicks-off Research Activities In New European Development Center
May 17, 2012: Dow Corning And Hemlock Semiconductor Reaction To Preliminary DOC Determination Regarding Solar Tariffs
May 15, 2012: American Solar Manufacturers Oppose Solar Tariffs
May 01, 2012: Dow Corning Reports Revenue Of $1.5 Billion In Q1 2012
Mar 27, 2012: Powerway And Dow Corning Announce Strategic Cooperation For Thin-film Module Mounting System Development
GlobalData's Dow Corning Corporation - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company's history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company's key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description – A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – GlobalData's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT analysis – A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report's analysis of the company's business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies with GlobalData's detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company's core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report's detailed insight into the company's strategic, business and operational performance.