Healthy export demands from overseas will keep the huge European butadiene market afloat, as local demand wanes. While the Middle East has upcoming downstream plants to produce Styrene Butadiene Rubber (SBR) and Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS), which promise to encourage the butadiene industry in the region, Europe is relying on the US to fuel their butadiene industry.
Europe and the Middle Easts demand for butadiene has steadily been increasing over the last decade, primarily led by advanced countries from Western Europe, such as Germany and France. However, the large populations and growing economies of countries like Russia and other nations of Eastern Europe mean that they also have huge consumption potential.
Europes demand has historically overshadowed that of the Middle East, and this trend is expected to continue in the future, with the European region predicted to account for more than 90% of Europe and the Middle Easts butadiene demand in 2020. New downstream plants are also due to come online in Iran and Saudi Arabia during the near future, and this is expected to reduce the proportion of butadiene demand from Western Europe in the forecast period. However, Europes butadiene exports will still grow, due to strong demand from the US, which is increasingly becoming a strong market for European butadiene exports.
The newfound love for shale gas in the US is leaving their petrochemicals industry in the dark, as crude oil feedstock for butadiene production goes out of vogue, and Europe is reaping the benefits. The US is starting to increase its use of shale gas as an energy source instead of crude oil, and since shale gas contains less C4 hydrocarbons (which when cracked produce butadiene), the US is experiencing an increasing shortage of locally produced petrochemical. As a result, local butadiene consumers are increasingly relying on foreign imports. The European butadiene market has not been experiencing very healthy growth, due to waning local demand, and so the increased butadiene demand from US consumers presents a readily available market for European producers. As the situation stands, European butadiene producers are going to be a major source of supply to North America in future.
Butadiene downstream segments include polybutadiene, ABS, and SBR sectors. Butadiene is a raw material used in making a wide variety of synthetic rubbers and polymer resins, and is most commonly used in the production of SBR, which is used to manufacture automobile tires, adhesives, sealants, coatings and other rubber articles such as shoe soles.
In 2000, Europe and the Middle Easts butadiene demand stood at 2,037,749 tons, before increasing to 2,575,670 tons in 2011. This demand is expected to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 4.9% between 2011 and 2020, to reach 3,173,838 tons in 2020.
This report is focused on the demand side of the Europe and Middle East butadiene industry. The report provides the reader with detailed analysis and forecasts of the major economic and market trends affecting the Europe and Middle East butadiene demand in the major countries of the region. It also provides analysis and description of the major drivers and restraints affecting butadiene demand.
The Europe and Middle East butadiene demand is assessed in terms of end-user segments, prices and the competitive landscape, at both the regional and national level. Overall, the report presents a comprehensive analysis of the Europe and Middle East butadiene market, covering all major parameters. The report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research, and in-house analysis by GBI Researchs team of industry experts.
- Demand and production of butadiene in Europe and the Middle East collectively from 2000 to 2011, and forecasts for nine years to 2020.
- Demand and production of butadiene in Europe from 2000 to 2011, and forecasts for nine years to 2020.
- Demand and production of butadiene in the Middle East from 2000 to 2011, and forecasts for nine years to 2020.
- Detailed analysis of the key drivers and restraints for the European butadiene market.
- Detailed analysis of the key drivers and restraints for the Middle East butadiene market.
- Demand and production volume analysis and forecasts for major countries in the region, such as Germany, France, Russia, Italy, Spain, Belgium, the UK, Poland, Iran and Saudi Arabia.
- Butadiene demand analysis for key end-use industries in Europe and the Middle East, and for all the major countries.
- Butadiene demand analysis for key end-use industries in Europe, and for all the major countries.
- Butadiene demand analysis for key end-use industries in the Middle East and for all the major countries.
- Import and export analysis and forecasts for all the major countries of Europe and the Middle East.
- Price analysis and forecasts of butadiene for all the major countries of Europe and the Middle East.
- Competitive landscape for Europe and the Middle East, and for all the major countries.
- The butadiene installed capacity and forecasts to 2020 for both regions.
Reasons to buy
- Understand regional market dynamics through detailed demand and production forecasts, end-use data and competitive landscape analysis.
- Understand the differing pricing dynamics in Europe and the Middle East, and between various countries.
- Understand the drivers and restraints shaping the current and potential future markets.
- Identify key growth markets for products from validated, country-level data and analysis.
- Identify emerging markets and investment opportunities in both general and niche markets.
- Evaluate opportunities in emerging markets to quantify potential returns on investment.
- Develop custom strategies armed with validated historic and forecast data, combined with detailed growth opportunities analysis.
- Make better-informed decisions based on insights and in-depth analysis of market landscapes and the factors shaping them.
- Benchmark different countries by the historic and forecast growth of demand, production and end-use of butadiene.
- Refine business strategies with a fuller understanding of the trends and developments shaping your markets.
- Gain knowledge regarding the market share of each of the major producers in the market in different countries of Europe and the Middle East.