European production of Butadiene, the chemical required to create the synthetic rubber used for tyres, will soon overtake demand for the first time since 2000 as a result of the continents shrinking car industry. Europes demand for butadiene last year was 2,459,778 tons while production stood at 2,246,137 tons. However, this disparity is expected to invert in 2015 when production will outpace demand by 162,953 tons.
According to the European Automobile Manufacturers Association, European car sales have shrunk for nine consecutive months in 2012, and truck demand is down for the last five months. Furthermore, it forecasts that passenger car sales in the EU will shrink 7% this year to 12.2 million vehicles, 21% below the 2007 peak, with the weakest demand since 1995.
Such deflated demand for new cars has correspondingly damaged the need for butadiene in Europe, but rather than scale back the chemicals manufacture, companies are moving to increase production with an eye on the export market.
Major butadiene production capacity additions include LyondellBasells expansion of its extraction unit in Wesseling, Germany, and Versaliss plans to build a new 70,000 ton/year unit at its Dunkirk site in France.
Last years global demand for butadiene stood at 10,259,583 tons and we expect this figure to reach 14,543,120 tons by the end of 2020, representing a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 3.9%.
Asia-Pacific is expected to continue as the worlds most butadiene-hungry region, with demand predicted to reach 8,410,981 tons before the end of decade.
This report is focused on the demand side of the global butadiene industry. The report provides the reader with detailed analysis and forecasts of the major economic and market trends affecting global butadiene demand in the major regions of the world. It also provides analysis and description of the major drivers and restraints affecting butadiene demand in each region.
Global butadiene demand is assessed in terms of end-user segments, prices and the competitive landscape, at both the regional and national level. Overall, the report presents a comprehensive analysis of the global butadiene market, covering all major parameters. The report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research, and in-house analysis by GBI Researchs team of industry experts.
- Drivers, restraints and challenges affecting the growth of the butadiene market for all major global regions: Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, the Middle East and Africa, and South and Central America.
- Demand and production volume forecasts for the butadiene markets of all major countries: the US, Canada, the UK, Germany, France, Russia, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Poland, China, Japan, South Korea, India, Thailand, Taiwan, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Brazil, Mexico and Argentina.
- Demand volume forecasts for the major end-user applications, highlighting trends and volume share analysis for each of these applications in all major countries.
- Butadiene Pricing forecasts and analyses of the major countries and regions.
- Butadiene Capacity share analyses of the key producers in all the major countries.
- The butadiene import and export trends in all major countries.
- The butadiene installed capacity during the 2010 to 2016 period for all major regions.
Reasons to buy
- Understand regional market dynamics through detailed demand and production forecasts, end-use data and competitive landscape analysis.
- Understand the differing pricing dynamics between various regions and countries.
- Understand the drivers and resistors shaping the current and potential future markets.
- Identify key growth markets for products from validated, country-level data and analysis.
- Identify emerging markets and investment opportunities in both general and niche markets.
- Evaluate opportunities in emerging markets to quantify potential returns on investment.
- Develop custom strategies armed with validated historic and forecast data, combined with detailed growth opportunities analysis.
- Make better-informed decisions based on insights and in-depth analysis of market landscapes and the factors shaping them.
- Benchmark different geographies by the historic and forecast growth of demand, production and end-use of butadiene.
- Refine business strategies with a fuller understanding of the trends and developments shaping your markets.
- Gain knowledge regarding the market share of each of the major producers in the market in different regions of the world.