|Market Research A to Z | Company Profiles A to Z | Register | Contact Us|
|+44 (0) 203 086 8600 Call us on|
18 June 2010
Number of Pages
1-3 hours, 24 hour max
This unique defence report analyses the evolving and dynamic market for unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) exploring in detail its potential from 2010-2020. The report examines current programmes and future prospects for current and new entrants into the flourishing unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) market. Armed forces worldwide are embracing unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) as critical tools for intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) and in some cases, also for strike missions in particular in counter-insurgency (COIN) operations. Based on research, global spending in 2009 on unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) reached $5.1bn. Over the forecast period of 2010-2020, the cumulative UAV market will total nearly $71bn.
Across the vast range of systems, from those only half a kilogram to those with wings as wide as a jetliner, UAVs are being acquired to enhance military forces. Also in development are even smaller UAVs weighing only several grams up to those designed to stay aloft in the stratosphere for a week at a time or even more. In the civilian UAV market currently led by border security applications, there are also early signs of a civil market that could be potentially vast.
The US dominates the UAV market, as it integrates these systems into all its armed services and at different levels; it has also been using UAVs for border patrol. Although not as big as the US market, there is robust demand worldwide from countries in Europe, particularly the UK, France and Germany. Israel is both a leading exporter of UAVs and a key market. There are also comprehensive plans for UAV purchases by a number of countries in the Pacific such as China, India, Japan and South Korea.
We review the UAV market and provides global market forecasts for five major UAV submarkets -
• Miniature UAVs
• Tactical UAVs
• Endurance UAVs
• Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicles (UCAVs)
• Civil UAVs
A comprehensive analysis of the unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) market
The Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) Market 2010-2020: Technologies for ISR and Counter-Insurgency report examines the market critically through the review of a broad range of available information. The sources include government and company reports, news and interviews of several experts in the field. We applied financial forecasting and qualitative analyses to provide a comprehensive market report with detailed analysis and informed opinion.
In particular, The Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Market 2010-2020: Technologies for ISR and Counter-Insurgency report focuses on the following aspects of the market -
• Forecasts of the global UAV market from 2010-2020.
• Forecasts of the five key UAV submarkets from 2010-2020.
• Forecasts of 15 leading national UAV markets from 2010-2020.
• Review of significant UAV programmes.
• Analysis of strengths and weaknesses, opportunities and threats affecting the unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) market.
• Profiles of 25 key companies involved in the UAV market.
Why you should buy this report:
• You will get a comprehensive analysis of the global prospects for UAVs over the period 2010-2020.
• You will learn the forecast sales for five key UAV submarkets from 2010-2020:
• Miniature UAVs.
• Tactical UAVs.
• Endurance UAVs.
• Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicles (UCAVs).
• Civil UAVs.
• You will discover the predicted sales for the 15 leading national UAV markets from 2010-2020.
• You will understand the forces that are influencing and characterise the market for unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV).
• You will receive a SWOT analysis of strengths and weaknesses, opportunities and threats affecting the unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) market.
• You will also read original interviews from eight leading organisations - six defence companies and two civil aviation agencies - involved in UAVs:
• Aeronautics Ltd.
• European Organisation for the Safety of Air Navigation (Eurocontrol).
• Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) (US).
• General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc (GA-ASI).
• Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI).
• Schiebel Corporation.
• Thales UK.
• You will learn about 25 leading companies involved in unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV).
The unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV market is a growing and increasingly important sector in the defence industry. Even as countries move to reduce defence spending in the face of economic pressures, UAVs still promise to get priority given their acknowledged importance as a key enabler and force multiplier in current and future conflicts. There is also a potentially huge civil market that could significantly prosper if the regulations and technology are in place. This defence report will be valuable to those involved in the UAV market or who wish to take part in it in the future.
You can order this report today. Anyone with an interest in the acquisition and development of UAVs should acquire the information and insight provided by this new report.
Gain an understanding of how to tap into the potential of this market by ordering The Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) Market 2010-2020: Technologies for ISR and Counter-Insurgency
Find latest Defence Company Profiles with up to date financial, strategic, operational, SWOT analysis and product information for the leading defence companies.
Do you need to track your competitors and customers on a continuous basis? We have the expertise to provide you with a cost-effective, fully customised competitor tracking portal, which collates data on your competitors on a continuous basis. Contact us for a free consultation and demonstration.
Do you manage an industry specific website or blog? Are you looking to monetise your web traffic further? Are you a B2B website?
Why not offer your visitors industry specific strategic market reports and company profiles? Our Affiliate Program enables you to provide quality content on your website and to earn money from passing on visitors to our website.
Cannot find what you need? We can tailor a report for you. Complete the Custom Research Form and we will provide a quote.