Global power transmission market to reach value of $301 billion by 2020
The power transmission market will see growth, thanks to the ambitions of the emerging Asia-Pacific region, and the maintenance and upgrade of existing infrastructure in the developed world. The market for Transmission and Distribution (T&D) equipment has matured, with few technological or product innovations now taking place, but renewed demand from emerging economies has helped the market to continue to achieve substantial revenue growth. Global demand for electricity is expected to increase exponentially in the future, predicted to double between 2000 and 2030, and soaring demand levels in India and China are expected to spur on government efforts to increase national installed capacity.
The Asia-Pacific region is expected to invest in T&D developments to connect a greater part of the population to a reliable power supply, as growth in industry, economy and population demand greater electrification. Some developing nations hold mandates, especially for rural areas, and this is predicted to drive T&D investments across India, China and the Philippines in the future.
In contrast, developed nations such as the US and Germany have introduced legislation to support continuous investment in power infrastructure, investing in technologies which will upgrade their existing power infrastructure and improve power distribution services for consumers.
Energy efficiency is vital for ambitious countries attempting to reach the limits of their power capacities. The demand for energy-efficient transformers is expected to increase, as aging T&D equipment provides opportunities for the replacement market, with infrastructural upgrades necessary to cope with increased electricity generation and consumption.
The global T&D market is intensely competitive, involving a large number of highly experienced regional and multinational corporations, and a high Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 11.3%, with the market growing from a value of US$127 billion in 2012 to US$301 billion in 2020.
This report provides an in-depth analysis of the global Transmission and Distribution (T&D) market covering five T&D equipments: switchgears, transformers, cables, shunt Reactors and substation automation. The report covers an overview of equipment markets and market size to 2020. The report also includes geographic regional breakdown for equipment markets and competitive landscapes in 2011. Furthermore, pricing analysis is provided for the switchgear and transformer markets for major countries. Also provided are market trends for switchgears, transformers and cables.
This report covers global cumulative figures for T&D capacities, length of T&D networks and number of T&D substations from 2005 to 2020. It provides global T&D investment figures from 2006 to 2020, as well as providing T&D infrastructure overview and future development plans for the US, Canada, Australia, Chile, Peru, Cambodia, Brazil, Philippines, the UK, France, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden, Colombia, Lithuania, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Austria, Ukraine, Italy, Norway, Argentina, Mexico, China, Japan, India, Malaysia, New Zealand, Taiwan, South Korea, Indonesia, Spain, the Netherlands, Romania and Russia. This report is built using data and information sourced through primary and secondary research and in-house analysis carried out by our team of industry experts.
- Analysis of five T&D equipment markets: switchgears, transformers, cables, shunt reactors and substation automation
- Historical and forecast market size figures for the equipment covered from 2005 to 2020
- Historical and forecast market size figures for global T&D transmission capacities, lines length and number of substations
- Pricing analysis covering major countries for switchgears and transformers, for both power and distribution
- Competitive landscape analysis for all equipment markets in 2011 and market trends for switchgears, transformers and cables
- Global T&D investment figures for 2006 to 2020 and their division into transmission and distribution sectors
- An overview of T&D infrastructure for 38 countries, including transmission and distribution networks from 2005 to 2020, grid interconnections and future development plans
Reasons to buy
- Refine business strategies with a fuller understanding of the trends and developments shaping T&D markets across the world
- Identify key growth markets for your products based on T&D equipment market size data and analysis
- Benchmark competitors according to product offering, strategic positioning and financial strength
- Make more informed business decisions armed with global T&D investment figures
- Evaluate opportunities in promising T&D markets to quantify potential returns on investment