|Market Research A to Z | Company Profiles A to Z | Register | Contact Us|
|+44 (0) 203 086 8600 Call us on|
|Healthcare and Medical|
15 September 2012
Number of Pages
1-3 hours, 24 hour max
From its development in the 1960s, flow cytometry (FC) has evolved into a technique that is now used routinely in the clinic, as well as in the research setting. The flow cytometry market is expected to grow to over $4 billion by 2015, however markets are also changing as new applications are developed and new instruments are launched. Today, more than ever, developers and vendors in this field are targeting their resources in those areas that best support their own sales and growth strategies.
This report, based on an analysis of prevailing and emerging market conditions in flow cytometry, has been produced to assist marketing and sales activities in this field, and the identification of new opportunities. It is the outcome of an extensive global study involving more than 260 experienced flow cytometry users. It's findings provide a "focus on sales growth" to developers and vendors in the flow cytometry field, and the changes that are driving new developments in this field.
As part of this report, market areas outlined below have been analysed to provide information relevant to marketing and sales, new market opportunities, qualified sales leads, customer needs and future plans, competitive position, new and emerging applications, growing and declining areas and threats.
- General methods: Current use of more than 25 FC general applications by end-users and the anticipated use of these over the next three years, each ranked according to their competitive position.
- Clinical methods: Current use of more than 15 clinical applications by end-users and the anticipated use of these over the next three years, each ranked according to their competitive position.
- Main applications: End-users' two main applications of FC, each ranked according to their competitive position.
- New applications: New FC applications used by end-users in the last three years, each ranked according to their competitive position.
- Emerging applications: Emerging applications of FC, indicated by end-users.
- Main flow cytometers: End-users' main flow cytometer, each ranked according to their competitive position.
- Strengths: End-users' disclosures of the strengths of their main flow cytometer, each ranked according to their competitive position.
- Weaknesses: End-users' disclosures of the weaknesses of their main flow cytometer, each ranked according to their competitive position.
- Routine use: The use of FC by end-users for routine (developed and validated) FC tests, the development or validation of FC tests and for qualitative discovery
- Suppliers: End-users' purchases/use of FC systems from more than 25 companies and their anticipated use of these systems over the next three years, each ranked according to their competitive position
- General and clinical: FC use by research scientists/research managers and clinicians/physicians
- Current budgets: End-users' annual financial budgets for FC studies.
- Budget breakdown: The breakdown of end-users' FC financial budgets in nine key areas, relating to their current expenditure on FC products and activities.
- Future budgets: End-users' anticipated financial budget changes (percentage increases or decrease, a measure of the financial growth of this field) over the next three years, relating to their FC activities.
- Consumables: End-users' top consumables, associated with their FC activities.
- Quality control guidelines: End-users' adherence to quality control guidelines or procedures, relating to the conduct of FC studies.
- Cost per sample: End-users' disclosures on the costs per sample analysed, using FC.
- Challenges: End-users' disclosures on the parameters or measurements that present the greatest technical challenges to FC analysis, together with the associated sample types (matrices), associated FC methods and underlying reasons.
- Innovation: End-users' disclosures relating to 11 key areas of required innovation in the FC field, each ranked (on a scale of 1 to 10) according to their importance.
- Biomarkers: End-users' application of FC methods for the study of disease biomarkers, namely molecular types and their clinical utilities.
- Organisations: End-users. organisations include clinics or hospitals, government bodies, large international companies, research institutes, small and medium sized companies, universities and veterinary centres.
- Fields: End-users professional fields include biotechnology, chemicals, clinical or hospital, defence, energy, environmental, food and drink, forensics, geology, government, healthcare, natural products, pharmaceuticals, research institutes, security and universities.
- Therapeutic areas: End-users' FC activities in terms of their general therapeutic area (20 different areas covered), including the main diseases to which their work in this field relates.
- Software: End-users' disclosures on their preferred analysis (off-line) software, associated with FC studies.
- Purpose: End-users' underlying reasons for using FC analysis across 17 major fields (biotechnology, chemicals, clinical or hospital, defence, diagnostics (medical), energy, environmental, food and drink, forensics, geology, government, healthcare, natural products, pharmaceuticals, research institutes, security, university), each ranked according to their relative importance.
- Study samples: Study sample types analysed by end-users using FC methods, each ranked according to their relative importance.
- Sample preparation: The use of sample preparation methods by end-users for FC studies, each ranked according to their importance.
Find latest Healthcare and Medical Company Profiles with up to date financial, strategic, operational, SWOT analysis and product information for the leading healthcare and medical companies.
Do you need to track your competitors and customers on a continuous basis? We have the expertise to provide you with a cost-effective, fully customised competitor tracking portal, which collates data on your competitors on a continuous basis. Contact us for a free consultation and demonstration.
Do you manage an industry specific website or blog? Are you looking to monetise your web traffic further? Are you a B2B website?
Why not offer your visitors industry specific strategic market reports and company profiles? Our Affiliate Program enables you to provide quality content on your website and to earn money from passing on visitors to our website.
Cannot find what you need? We can tailor a report for you. Complete the Custom Research Form and we will provide a quote.