Cummins Inc. (CMI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review - Cummins Inc. (Cummins) designs, manufactures and distributes engines and related technologies, including filtration and exhaust aftertreatment systems, fuel systems, controls and air handling systems and offers related services. The products that the company manufactures cater to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), distributors and customers. Cummins operates its business through a network of more than 600 own and independent distributors and approximately 6,500 dealers spread across 190 countries. The company is headquartered in Indiana, the US.
The company's long-term strategy is to invest in businesses in countries that carry high levels of risks such as China, Brazil, India, Mexico, South Africa, Russia and the Middle East. North America registered robust recovery in demand mainly in heavy, medium and light-duty on-highway truck markets. Emerging markets also recorded strong growth in 2011. Demand in China is expected to be driven by on-highway truck and off-highway construction markets, while power generation market is expected to register growth in India.
Cummins Inc. Key Recent Developments
Mar 26, 2012: Cummins Inaugurates New Parts And Service Complex In Belgium
Dec 02, 2011: US President Announces Nearly $4 Billion Investment In Energy Upgrades To Public And Private Buildings
Nov 16, 2011: Cummins Announces Expansion Of Test Facilities At Technical Center In North Charleston, South Carolina, US
Jul 12, 2011: Cummins Announces Senior Management Changes
May 27, 2011: Cummins Exceeds EPA Climate Leaders Goal; Achieves 28% Greenhouse Gas Reduction
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Cummins Inc. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.