Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) is a global semiconductor company. Its principal business activities include developing computer processors and related technologies for commercial and consumer markets. It is engaged in video and multimedia products, graphics, development and sale of game console systems. AMD designs and delivers x86 microprocessors in volume and leading-edge 3D graphics to its customers across the globe. In addition, the company also provides embedded computer devices, blade PCs, ultra value clients and entertainment devices. The company operates its business in two reportable segments namely, Computing Solutions, and Graphics. Its product portfolio includes x86 microprocessors, embedded microprocessors, motherboard chipsets, graphics, video and multimedia products, and technology for game consoles. The company operates actively in the US and also has operations in countries including, Germany, the UK, Italy, Russia, France, Poland, China, Australia, Taiwan, India, Japan, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Singapore, Brazil, Mexico, the UAE and others. The company is headquartered at Sunnyvale, California, the US.
The company focuses on expanding its product portfolio. With strong presence in major countries, the company plans to further extend its operations into unexplored geographies. Its acquisition of SeaMicro in April 2012 would further accelerate the companys strategy to to deliver disruptive server technology to its OEM customers serving cloud-centric data centers. In the future, the company aims to further extend its offerings and establish strong foothold in the semiconductor market.
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Key Recent Developments
Nov 22, 2011: Dell Introduces PowerEdge Server Portfolio With New AMD Opteron 6200 Processors
Aug 01, 2011: NYSERDA Partners With Clarkson University, AMD, Others To Demonstrate Wind-Powered Data Centers
May 23, 2011: AMD Announces Availability Of Two New Low Power Embedded G-Series APUs
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.