Cobra Electronics Corporation (COBR) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review - Cobra Electronics Corporation (Cobra Electronics), formerly known as Dynascan Corporation, is one of the leading mobile communications products designers in the world. The company principally offers Mobile navigation devices, Two-way radios, Radar/laser detectors, Citizens band radios, Marine electronics, and Power inverters, among others. The company offerings are sold under three brands namely, COBRA, SNOOPER, and AURA. The company operates through two reportable segments namely, Cobra Consumer Electronics and Performance Products Limited. The companys products are supplied to nearly 40,000 storefronts in the US through a strong network of 300 retailers and distributors, and more than 30 distributors in Europe. Cobra Electronics along with its subsidiaries operates in Hong Kong, Ireland and Dublin.
The company focuses in developing innovative products and services, and derive high market share in the navigation market. In the process, the company recently introduced advanced new CB radio units, Cobra 29 LX BT and Cobra 25 LX. It also launched new Cobra Tag G5, a Bluetooth Smart device of loss-prevention system. Furthermore, the company introduced Cobra Vedetta, the new standard in Radar/Laser Detection. The company is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, the US.
Cobra Electronics Corporation Key Recent Developments
Jan 05, 2011: Cobra Drops Plastic Packaging For MeadWestvacos Natralock
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Cobra Electronics Corporation provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.