Renesas Electronics Corporation (6723) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review - Renesas Electronics Corporation (Renesas), formerly, NEC Electronics Corporation, is a manufacturer and supplier of semiconductor products. The company is active in the research, design, development, production, and supply of semiconductor products. It provides semiconductor products such as memories, microcomputers, large-scale integrated (LSI) circuits, logic integrated circuits (ICs) and analog ICs under microcontrollers, system LSIs, and analog and power device categories. Its offerings are used in the applications of various markets such as consumer electric appliances, automobiles, communications equipment, computer and peripheral equipment, and industrial machinery. The company operates in China, Hong Kong, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Japan, Africa, Brazil and the US. Renesas is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
The company believes that strategic activities to increase sales outside Japan, requires coordinated initiatives by the MCU and Analog & Power Devices businesses. To facilitate this collaboration, it established the Marketing Unit in April 2011. Renesas also planned to reorganize its High-Power Amplifier (HPA) business. To this end, it intends to transfer and integrate the Nagano Device Division of Renesas Eastern Japan Semiconductor, and the business of the Nagano Device Division of Renesas Eastern Japan Semiconductor; into Renesas Komoro Semiconductor.
Renesas Electronics Corporation Key Recent Developments
Jul 11, 2012: Renesas Electronics Announces New Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor Series Sets
May 04, 2012: G3-PLC Alliance Announces Joining Of 11 New Members
Apr 05, 2012: Smart Utility Network Groups Establish Wi-SUN Alliance
Mar 14, 2012: Renesas Electronics, Ariane Controls And Grid2Home Announce Smart-charging Auto-grade Communication Solution For Plug-in HEVs And EVs
Feb 22, 2012: Imec And Renesas Electronics To Report On SAR ADC For Wireless Receivers
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Renesas Electronics Corporation provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the companys businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the companys key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the companys operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analysts summarization of the companys business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the companys strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the companys business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The companys core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.