Norfolk Southern Corporation: Company Profile - New SWOT Analysis
Norfolk Southern Corporation (Norfolk Southern or the company) is a holding company engaged principally in the rail transportation business, with operations in the Southeast, East and Midwest of the US. The company provides services to the major container ports in the eastern US and connections to other rail carriers in the rest of the country. It has its headquarters in Norfolk, Virginia and employs approximately 28,559 people The company recorded revenues of $9,516 million during the fiscal year ended December 2010 (FY2010), an increase of 19.4% over FY2009. The increase in FY2010 was due to increased traffic volumes and higher average revenue per unit, which was driven by higher fuel surcharges and rate increases. The operating profit of the company was $2,676 million during FY2010, an increase of 36.4% over FY2009. The net profit was $1,496 million in FY2010, an increase of 44.7% over FY2009.
Norfolk Southern Corporation - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company's structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings, detailed financials, and corporate actions, providing a 360? view of the company.
- Detailed information on Norfolk Southern Corporation required for business and competitor intelligence needs
- A study of the major internal and external factors affecting Norfolk Southern Corporation in the form of a SWOT analysis
- An in-depth view of the business model of Norfolk Southern Corporation including a breakdown and examination of key business segments
- Five-year financial information and charts, including balance sheet, income statement, cash flows, market capitalization and multiples, and key ratios for Norfolk Southern Corporation
- Intelligence on Norfolk Southern Corporationnv's mergers and acquisitions (M&A), strategic partnerships and alliances, capital raising, private equity transactions, and financial and legal advisors
- News about Norfolk Southern Corporation, such as business expansion, restructuring, and contract wins
- Large number of easy-to-grasp charts and graphs that present important data and key trends
Reasons to Purchase:
- Gain understanding of Norfolk Southern Corporation and the factors that influence its strategies
- Track strategic initiatives of the company and latest corporate news and actions
- Assess Norfolk Southern Corporation as a prospective partner, vendor or supplier
- Support sales activities by understanding your customers' businesses better
- Stay up to date on Norfolk Southern Corporation's business structure, strategy and prospects