|Market Research A to Z | Company Profiles A to Z | Register | Contact Us|
|+44 (0) 203 086 8600 Call us on|
The traditional food retail sector (small neighborhood stores, street vendors, "mom & pop" stores, etc.) comprise about 95% of all food retail stores in Pakistan while the modern retail sector (hypermarkets, supermarkets, discount stores, etc.) make up the remaining 5%. Over the past few years international retailers have taken advantage of the growing opportunities in this market. Well-known European retail giants Makro, Metro, and Carrefour (Hyperstar) have opened stores in all major Pakistani metropolitan cities. The port city of Karachi alone has at least five large retail stores that serve more than 19 million people.
With a growing middle-income class (estimated at about 25% of the total population), increasing urbanization, increasing popularity of international food products, and a growing number of international restaurants and fast food chains, Pakistan is emerging as an expanding market for U.S. high-value agricultural products. The overall food retail and wholesale business accounts for 17% of Pakistan‟s GDP.
See Full Report: Pakistan Food Retail Market 2010
Do you need to track your competitors and customers on a continuous basis? We have the expertise to provide you with a cost-effective, fully customised competitor tracking portal, which collates data on your competitors on a continuous basis. Contact us for a free consultation and demonstration.
Do you manage an industry specific website or blog? Are you looking to monetise your web traffic further? Are you a B2B website?
Why not offer your visitors industry specific strategic market reports and company profiles? Our Affiliate Program enables you to provide quality content on your website and to earn money from passing on visitors to our website.
Cannot find what you need? We can tailor a report for you. Complete the Custom Research Form and we will provide a quote.